In this section you'll find several resources to start learning Minium. The recommended learning path is to read the getting started guide on this page and then study the Learn section. After studying the Learn section, you should be ready to start automating your tests with Minium. If you get any doubt while creating the tests, you can probably find the answer in the sections API, Code Samples and User Manuals.
- Learn - Fundamental concepts and best practices on writing tests with Minium.
- API - Minium API reference.
- Code Samples - Examples of code for handling common tasks.
- User Manuals - User manuals for the different tools that are part of Minium.
- Conceptual Overview - Understand Minium and the basic concepts to use it.
- How to install Minium Developer - Download and run Minium Developer.
- Running your first Minium test - Use Minium in order to create functional tests.
1. Conceptual Overview
What is Minium?
Minium is a framework developed at VILT that helps you test your web application the same way a human would.
Minium Developer is a console aimed at developers, allowing the creation of automatic tasks in the browser to be used in end-to-end testing of your web applications. Minium is both powerful and simple: tests can be written in Cucumber even by non-technical people, but you can integrate with your base code in any language by exposing a RESTful service. All these features make Minium a great way for you to integrate Behaviour Driven Development practices through out all phases of your project
Minium Manager is aimed at business solutions, it's a more powerful console that provides useful reports of the ongoing projects and has a strong component in continuous integration.
- Create a project in Minium Developer
- Write your stories
- Execute your stories locally
- Add your project in Minium Manager
- Launch tests execution in Minium Manager
2. How to install Minium Developer
Before you start
Ensure that Java JDK 1.8+ is installed. Don't forget to set the
JAVA_HOME environment variable.
Install Minium Developer
- Download Minium Developer for your platform.
- Extract the archive.
Run Minium Developer
To launch Minium Developer, double-click on the executable:
minium-developer.exe(if you want to run Minium Developer from the
Program Filesfolder, you need to run it as administrator)
- Linux or MacOS:
Alternatively, you can run Minium Developer in the browser.
3. Executing your first Minium test
Create a new project
- Go to
Project > Create Project
- Select Cucumber project
- Fill the form with:
|Parent Directory||parent path where you want to put your project (e.g.
- Click on
Run a feature
- Open the file
features/MyFeature.feature(the project structure is on the left sidebar)
- Click on button
- A modal window will appear. Select
Chromeand click on button
Create new webdriver
- The test execution should start